THE MOST CUTTING EDGE & INNOVATIVE FINE ARTS
OUTREACH PROGRAM FOR AT-RISK YOUNG PEOPLE
IN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY!
Shockwave is dedicated to the inspiration and cultivation of the human spirit through arts educa-
tion and performance. A storytelling dance ensem- ble, this innovative, multidimensional company blends the elements of the performing arts of dance & acting with visual arts of photography, graphic, set, & costume design ~ at times live music.
Shockwave provides a forum so young people can express themselves without anger or violence.
This innovative program uses the fine arts as a therapeutic to promote positive mental, physical, and social well being of at-risk young people.
Shockwave engages its participants to learn to express their anger, frustration, or insecurities in
healthy ways by helpings them to develop a positive self image, communications skills, self worth, and emotional stability.
Shockwave helps students grow in self-esteem and self-worth in a supportive & positive atmostphere.
- Building: discipline, respect, teamwork, & confidence.
- Respecting & Discovering: each other's strengths & potential - all through the universal language of dance, music, design, photography, & theater.
- Teaches: healthy lifestyle living, nutrition, and breathing techniques.
- Artistic expression: in all dance styles, theatre, music, costume design, choreography, stage lighting, improvisation, graphic design, signing, set design, & photography.
- Discovery: self-esteem, self-worth, & new opportunities for their talents in a positive & supportive atmosphere.
- Giving: students the skills & confidence of public speaking and performances in front of an audience of one for a job interview or to an audience of hundreds.